Upgrade

actually they send u the card first and charge the full amount, when u send yours in they reimburse you. What i dont understand is if i send in a geforce3 what kind of a discount will i get as opposed to my 9800 pro?

This is what the site states...

You will be charged a special reduced trade-up price and a security deposit plus shipping charges and applicable taxes (applicable taxes for Canadian residents only). Once you return your old board to ATI within 10 business days, your credit card will be credited the security deposit (plus applicable taxes for Canadian residents only) indicated on the form.

these are the "REDUCED PRICES"

RADEON 9800 XT 256MB AGP

$449.00 USD

ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 PRO 128MB AGP

$349.00 USD

RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB AGP

$199.00 USD

RADEON 9800 PRO MAC 128MB AGP

$299.00 USD

not much of a deal after shipping costs!

according to ati's site - nothing

price watch has 9800 pro listed @ 199

and 9800xt @ 382

ati's reduced prices has 9800pro @199 (plus their $15 shipping)

and 9800xt @449 (plus $15 shipping)

soo... its cheaper to keep your card and just buy the one you want?

Im guessing these prices were thought up when the cards were worth more money. If thats the case the x800's should be cheaper through the trade up program when released. But DONT trade your 9800pro AIW. Youll get the same reduced price for a 9200se (i think). Thats how ive interpreted what ati's site stated.

where on ati's website did you see the trade up program wich includes x800xt or pro? I looked everywhere and could only find the 9800 pro and xt models! Id trade my 9800pro in a second!

:withstupid::withstupid:

i'll go buy a 9800 pro for $200, then trade it in for the x800xt....final price = $350....normal price = $500!!! Do they take any brand???

i'll go buy a 9800 pro for $200, then trade it in for the x800xt....final price = $350....normal price = $500!!! Do they take any brand???

how do you plan on doin that?

man i can only dream ...

ive been doing side jobs (automotive and pc) trying to save up for x800xt. i should be able to buy it soon. The only problem is, even though its extra money (above my regular paycheck) i dont know if i can just throw away 800 (canadian) dollars! Thats alot of money.

I know everybody keeps saying theres no games that need that kind of power. Well i say to those people... Play farcry on high settings (enables sm2.0). Its absolutely gorgeous and possible with a 9800pro. But it runs like poo with vsync on. I need vsync, and i need sm2.0 (now that ive seen it, theres no going back). Plus doom3 and hl2 are almost out. Then theres stalker, ........

I think for the trade in program they just give you $50 off no matter what card u send them. I wouldnt trade ur 9800AIW for $50 u could get alot more for just selling it. If ur going to send in a card find the oldest AGP POS u can find and still know the make and model for and send that in. I was looking at the program today and with shipping u get about $30 off but its not worth using the trade in program until the X800's are out and every one is at the same price because even though u can find a Saphire 9600XT for $150 thats just as good as an ATI 9600XT the ATI will still cost more at about $200.

Edited by BloodySunday

The program is as explainded, you only get 50 bucks for your traded card PERIOD. Now if your willing to sale ur AIW 9800Pro for fifty bucks, I'll even pay the shipping lol. I have been a user/Partner with ATI for a long time, this "discount" program they have is just BS unless ya got an older card layin around your not using. My advice, wait till it hits the stores, get it on sale, and put ur old card on Ebay. Just my two cents.

Will