Sign in to follow this  
KraZy

3.2ee Vs Amd2800

Aight, I have been running my P4 3.2EE (WinXP Pro) against my AMD 2800 (Mandrake Linux) in folding for the last few days. Much to my amazement, my AMD is only behind by 3WU's. (p4 = 13, amd = 10) One would think that the EE would be making better time than that... Personally, I think Linux has alot to do with it.

Both computers are using about %50 processor time for folding 24/7.

there's too many variables...work units come in different sizes, you should look at the number of points each machine has submitted.

also i've heard that the windows client is more efficient then any of the others.

why not set the client to use 100% and set its priority to idle. that way it'll make max use the processor when not in use and not get in the way when you are using ur computer.

why not set the client to use 100% and set its priority to idle. that way it'll make max use the processor when not in use and not get in the way when you are using ur computer.

Actually, the folding is set to %100 usage, but the p4's HT physically knocks it back down to %50. (*that is, %100 of 'CPU 1' which seems not to interfere with any of my other apps.. )

I played around with the priorities a little and can balance the load between the two 'cpus', but still couldn't get its usage any higher. Is there something that I am missing here? Turning off HT is not an option due to heat..

Actually, the folding is set to %100 usage, but the p4's HT physically knocks it back down to %50. (*that is, %100 of 'CPU 1' which seems not to interfere with any of my other apps.. )

I played around with the priorities a little and can balance the load between the two 'cpus', but still couldn't get its usage any higher. Is there something that I am missing here? Turning off HT is not an option due to heat..

http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/f...-userguide.html

There is the link to the setup and flags etc. for the console version, with H.T. I run 2 versions of folding on everyone that gives me 50% usage on each= a total of 100%cpu usage, and it will check out your your cooling system running 24/7 be sure you have a good cooling system!

:foldon: