<2gb Linux That's Easy To Use

Mr_Yuck

lookin for a good linux that is not too big, but that a newbie can use, I only have a 2 gig hard drive available for my shoebox and I want to have something on it, It will have to have room for folding of course after the install. it has 256mb of ram so a swap partition isnt needed

how bout yellowdog?

Most (if not all) Linux distros can be installed in under 2G. It just depends on what you select during the install.

As for what a new person can use, Mandrake & Fedora are probably the 2 most common (though everyone will say something different).

Before you go installing anything just yet maybe you should try knoppix and suse 9.1 live to see if you like linux first. You dont have to install either of them, they just run right off the cd.

Pretty neaty way to find out if your hardware is compatible and if you like linux all at the same time :)

yeah i like linux...and college linux...i tried it and couldnt figure it out...I need a linux for wimps....im gonna see if yellowdog fits cuz i have the iso already....sorry bout puttin it in the wrong forum....i must be blind or something ;)

linux for whimps... that would be fedora, red hat, mandrake, any other rpm based os

OMG

How elitist you must consider yourself. Thats gotta be the most immature statement Ive seen in a while. There is nothing wrong with any or the rpm based nix's.

yeah i like linux...and college linux...i tried it and couldnt figure it out...I need a linux for wimps....im gonna see if yellowdog fits cuz i have the iso already....sorry bout puttin it in the wrong forum....i must be blind or something ;)

not elitist, just referring to what Mr_Yuck said. personally, a from-source distro is better as you can pick what you want. yeah, its harder, but its more flexible.