Sign in to follow this  
Rick_fourdumbkids

Our Folding Team Needs Help

WHat... look above, you are ranked high in folding, am I missing something ?

Hes a little upset because hes been folding forever and lost his dna strand and access to the folding forum for some unknown reason!

:foldon:

because i have an _ in my name... yeaaa right

I had the same problem with the - in my name, it did not match my folding name and I did not want to loose my OCC status, I PMed L.P. and he fixed it for me

Edited by road-runner

i think ill join and help u guys out as long as this thing doesnt harm ur computer

i think ill join and help u guys out as long as this thing doesnt harm ur computer

It will not harm your computer, it uses your cpu when you are not using it to process the work units

Edited by road-runner

k ill dl it now and start it going so all i do is just type in my occ user name and it will work

when i install it i go to what it just disappears??

i can go into the console thing but i have to do all this stuff like team number member name and all that? am i doing it right?

EDIT: nvm i reinstalled and made it show what it was doing and it does it by itself im good now

Edited by r g

k ill dl it now and start it going so all i do is just type in my occ user name and it will work

when i install it i go to what it just disappears??

i can go into the console thing but i have to do all this stuff like team number member name and all that? am i doing it right?

EDIT: nvm i reinstalled and made it show what it was doing and it does it by itself im good now

Yea sounds like you got it, be sure your OCC name matches the folding name, and enter the team#12772 your set, for AMD processors check the boxes advmethods and forceSSE for Intel check advmethods and forceasm it will help you get a little higher scoring point work units and the other will add an extra boost to your CPU to fold faster

Oh watch your temps if you are on the border of running hot because it is going to use your cpu all the time your not using it, it may run hotter on you, and just leave your computer on all the time if you can, you can set up to turn the monitor off after a few minutes to help save electricity

For those of you using Hyper Threads or Dual Processors you can run 2 versions of folding at home with the console version just be sure to use different machine I.D. #s abd the -local flag here a guide if you have any questions please ask

http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/f...-userguide.html

Edited by road-runner

hey i can't get my banner with folding to show up even though I am folding and seti it is not showing up under the member status thing help please

So how long does it take until i get the icon as well? I knwo you said it has to complete a cycle so how long is a cycle? Thanks

I be Folding now :foldon: