Ie Crashes Due To Oc?

p8baller07

Well my IE crashes about every 10-12 clicks...Idk why. I am running Windows XP pro, think it could be because of the overclock?

I am running a

Amd Athlon 2600+ @ 2.45ghz

11.5 x 210 @ 1.70Vcore (1 step above stock, i can run on stock but it freezes after awhile)

I would reduce the clock speed a bit...or maybe increase the vcore alittle. I would have to say that it crashes because of the oc.....I wouldn't push it any higher though..you may corrupt your hard drive........

I had the exact same problem before, I found my ram to be the culprit. You can try and give the ram more juice, or maybe just back down your OC just a smidgen. But I'm 99% sure its your ram causing the trouble because it is OCd

if you can set it to a slightly higher voltage without setting it very high without proper cooling, do that. Normally that helps to get rid of erratic OC problems. But IE locking? If your comp freezes in the same timeframe, then it's most likely OC'ing. If not, switch to firefox and see if the problem goes away; it could just be IE.

I would agree with lobbdogg. When i had problems with ie crashing if found that relaxing the timings on my ram sorted out the problem. Oh.. and i assume you have and pci/agp lock right?

I have this EXACT same problem! Even when I'm running all stock speeds it happens and always has since I got this computer pretty much. I know my comp has adware/apyware, I cant remove it, Ive tried everything. I have this blue bar that keeps coming back n stuff.. really annoying. Ive tried nearly everything (cept formatting) to fix this, its really starting to annoy me too. If anyone knows the real reason/fix plz speak up.