Monitor Heats Up A Bit

I noticed lastnight that the back side of my monitor heated up a bit. my way of thinking was...that hot air is getting sucked into my rig...so at 3am I rigged up a 92mm fan hanging over top of it....nothing fancy but it gets the job done!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh sure....give me another project to do..........lol.........never thought of that....maybe install a piece of plexi glass in it with a 80 mm led fan.....sounds like a weekend project!!!!!!!!!

Monitors do heat up, it's pretty normal but if you want to add a fan since warm air rises put it low to help the process or on top but exausting upwards ;)

Monitors do heat up, it's pretty normal but if you want to add a fan since warm air rises put it low to help the process or on top but exausting upwards ;)

ya.. monitors do get hot.. they can also operate under heavy stress in cold or hot temps.. so.. it realy wont make a diffrence with a fan... just would make more noise that what its worth

My (errr...red) cathode in my case gets annoying too, that's why i have it switched. Besides, the lights could shine backwards, illuminating the wall in a dark room, a cool effect i would think.

My (errr...red) cathode in my case gets annoying too, that's why i have it switched. Besides, the lights could shine backwards, illuminating the wall in a dark room, a cool effect i would think.

My thoughts too...