Sl6wk 3.0 Simply Rocks

just got a 3.0c sl6wk recomended by nuclear from pc supply source pack date is march3 rd and boy is this sucker fast. the abit ic7 i have undervolts a tad but at 1.575 in bios reads 1.525 in cpuz running at 3,760 mhz 250fsb. socreing 11k+ mips in sandra cpu and , 6k in sandra memtest.

well im sittign here typing to you at 3.9ghz 1.650 volts running folding the background. linuxprox was here when i installd it he was spechless when he saw it boot to 3.76 hehe. this chip has yet to see stock speeds lmao :ph34r:

Ha funny you mentioned this. My friend just ordered a SL6wk from pc supply source also recommended my Nuc...

I hope to get things up to speed on his Abit IC7 Max3..

(He knows nothing about O/Cing, so I will be having all the fun.) :D

I'm glad you're happy with that chip. The WKs are really turning out to be monsters, and 3.7GHz is nothing to sneeze at. After a burn-in, the chip will probaly run 3.9GHz w/o a problem.

Good Luck!

yeah im leaving the voltage at default and running 3.6 240fsb right now. how long should i let it burn in before i crank it up. i think my slk800 and smart fan is haolding me backj stock voltage @3.6 is 54c load lil high for my taste ill have a water blcok for the p4 here shortly. thanks for all the help nuclear

No Problem

I usually let my chips burn in for about 24-48HRS. After that, I'll crank the voltage up.

The newer NWs do produce a little more heat, but its a good trade-off. Any good WB will be more than able to handle its heat, and really help the clocks.