Northbrige Chipset Cooler

I agree with that on my asus boards they were pretty warm, this was when I got my first asus P4C800 Deluxe so I added a fan on it it ran cool then, but I went ahead and went to water cooling on it, I needed all the cooling I could get to get up to 4ghz

Crazy speeds!

I can only dream my IC7 would reach 4Ghz, i dont think anybody has been able to get a Max II or a Max III to 4Ghz, have they? :unsure:

I agree with that on my asus boards they were pretty warm, this was when I got my first asus P4C800 Deluxe so I added a fan on it it ran cool then, but I went ahead and went to water cooling on it, I needed all the cooling I could get to get up to 4ghz

You've got the same motherboard and video card I have. How were your nb temps before you went WC? I find it hard to keep the nb under 30c, especially with the hotter weather now.

You've got the same motherboard and video card I have. How were your nb temps before you went WC? I find it hard to keep the nb under 30c, especially with the hotter weather now.

I do not recall the temp it was to long ago but it was well above ambient, it was pretty warm to the touch, when I added the fan it ran close to ambient and was cool to the touch but I have very well case ventalation 2-80mm thermal take 4800 rpm in and 2 out plus the 3-80mm fans on top of the koolance case pushing air out the top, and to answer the other question yes the IC7Max3 set up right will do over 4ghz, Nuclear is running over 4ghz but hes using the promie 2 modded sub frezzing temps, I think he runs 4.2ghz 24/7 and the other is over 4 also, he has 1 asus board system also all the are 4ghz or above one is on air cooling I am not sure which one, but yes it is being done, but with the right P4 chip, Ram, cooling etc. He has 3 systems running 4 and over

Nuclear is running over 4ghz but hes using the promie 2 modded sub frezzing temps, I think he runs 4.2ghz 24/7 and the other is over 4 also, he has 1 asus board system also all the are 4ghz or above one is on air cooling I am not sure which one, but yes it is being done, but with the right P4 chip, Ram, cooling etc. He has 3 systems running 4 and over

Cool.......Pun intended :D

Guest Ballz2TheWallz
Crazy speeds!

I can only dream my IC7 would reach 4Ghz, i dont think anybody has been able to get a Max II or a Max III to 4Ghz, have they? :unsure:

LOL nuclear got 4ghz on air with a IC7-G