Well Guys, Trouble Is Afoot...

Well any time I do something on my PC that seems to require multitasking or power, like browsing a bunch of sites at once or playing a game. The PC FREEZES completely and I believe it to be a memory problem. So far, I know for a FACT it's not the mobo, video card. I have tried running memtest86 or whatever but it locks up during the test of all things! I have tried running the PC with just each single stick in there by itself (two 512's) but it still does it!!! (And the chances of getting TWO bad sticks is extremely low) I don't want to think it's a processor problem...but it might just be...Although oddly enough when I was orginally installing windows everything went fine and that takes a good bit of processing power right? Or does Infineon not work with this Asus mobo??? Anyone else have this problem? <_<

easy way to test is using prime95 torture test. Do a short fft test and a blend test. If it fails both tests its your processor. Short fft only loads data into your cache and no ram is used. If it only fails the blend test its your ram.

Also, it does sound an awful lot like a power supply problem! Like BerZerK said check your psu. Use motherboard monitor 5 and set it up so it logs all the info. Its not very accurate but you can can get a good idea if theres a power shortage or spiking.

Edited by rein

:huh: Dang I wish I would have known about that program before I sent my processor back, oh well I'll get it back most likely by Friday. I think that's my problem, until about now I have yet to know about all these helpful programs for more in depth trouble shooting. Feel free to list any more Edited by ManWithProblems

I had the same problems once...Windows clean install went fine, then everything else would freeze. Turned out to be a faulty hard-drive. So, could be since you noted a new hard-drive. I'd check that next if the CPU turns out fine.

Edited by TheSternMystic

Welp, got the CPU back and tried a different hard drive....Same deal, so ran Prime95 and everytime it just even STARTS or tries to run the blend test it locks up. Not random, just anytime I start that certain one. And since it's not the - Mobo, CPU, Video Card, Hard Drive - uhmmm I guess this certain memory has issues with this setup and I need to get myself some of that fancy kind and take these back.

I'm thinking it's the PSU... Your system may be demanding more than your PSU could handle and since it can't supply it, the system may just crap out from being underpowered... What kind of PSU are we dealing with here?