Which One Should I Keep For Myself

ok i am sorta broken between my two comps, cuz one of them has to stay at home and the other i will use in my dorm at college :(

which one is faster?:

AMD 2500+ @ 3200+ (1.83 @ 2.2ghz)

A7N8X DX

512 Corsair XMS 2700 @ 3200

or

P4 C 2.6 @ 3.0Ghz

Abit IC7-G

1GB dual channel Corsair XMS 3200 @ approx. 3700

both have same grafix cards: 9800 pro 128

hard drives i will swap

same cd rom drives

(can't give the AMD 1 gb dual channel cuz of stability issues and the hyper threading needs it more)

i was leaning towards the P4 because it has 1 gb of ram and my family is never going to use that, and hyper threading uses the dual channel more than the AMD

is my P4 setup faster than my AMD set up? :ph34r:

as of now i am going to go with the P4, is that a good choice? :blink:

thanks

P4, it's gonna be faster than the AMD. Mostly because of double the ram. And personally, I think the the extra "200Mhz" would be un-noticable, and we don't even know how a 2500+ overclocked to the same speeds as a 3200+ would compare?

Well. I would benchmark both then take the fastest. But my guess is that you should take the p4. More code is optimized for the p4 plus you got more ram in there.

Go with the p4. ;)

ya that is what i thought

P4 it is!!!

thanks

further insight is welcome :)

BTW

andrusk, i completely agree on the Firefox that is what i use and it is the best browser ever, i dont know if u know this, but if u click on a link with the scroller button it opens a new tab in the same window, i use that esp. for the overclockers club fourms

Edited by wanksta

BTW

andrusk, i completely agree on the Firefox that is what i use and it is the best browser ever, i dont know if u know this, but if u click on a link with the scroller button it opens a new tab in the same window, i use that esp. for the overclockers club fourms

I would have like to know that. But for some reason my mouse doesnt do that. I always have to right click and say open link in new tab.

Maybe Ill download that extensions.

I already have the one where you hold down the right button then use the scroll to sort through the different tabs.

go firefox :)

Edited by andrusk

BTW

I would have like to know that. But for some reason my mouse doesnt do that. I always have to right click and say open link in new tab.

Maybe Ill download that extensions.

I already have the one where you hold down the right button then use the scroll to sort through the different tabs.

go firefox :)

i downloaded a crapload of them the other nite, so many cool ones, there is even one to have a calc. built into firefox. very handy, i mean when i'm adding up online orders from newegg :lol:

:withstupid: Especially on a 32bit level....

Crank up the FSB on the P4 B)

ya that is what i want to do, but the ram wont hold, and the 5:4 divider sux and causes instabiblity problems

i am a little bumed that my oc is hamperd by the ram :angry:

:withstupid: Especially on a 32bit level....

Crank up the FSB on the P4  B)

ya that is what i want to do, but the ram wont hold, and the 5:4 divider sux and causes instabiblity problems

i am a little bumed that my oc is hamperd by the ram :angry:

I'm with you

same thing happens to me sice I got my new RAM.

If you're lucky, your Corsair PC3200 has those overpriced BH-5 chips.

Latency doesn't matter jack on the P4 platform (if you disagree, see www.tomshardware.com), so if those are 2cas sticks, sell 'em and get some 3cas, PC4000 and crank the bus to 250 at 1:1. That'll get the CPU going at 3.3GHz and leave that athlon in the dust.

Trying to get pc3200 sticks past 220 or so is an exercise in futility without a volt mod.