How Do I Make It Burn?

Prime95 does WAYYYYY more complex computations than Folding, and it also uses every inch of the processor. If you run the Torture Test on the Maximum Heat, Power Consumption mode, it'll heat up your PC like nobodies business. And Running Folding@Home at the same time will just waste the possible heat generation on it's computations. So, best yet, Run two instances of Prime95, that'll get things reaaaal hot. If you were to do P1 Testing (Prime95 is like Folding, you contribute to a central thing, and can win cash if your comp comes up with a 10million digit mersenne prime number (They're up to 6.2 million digits so far?)) that stresses the Northbridge like hell too.

Run folding and seti and 2 versions of prime 95 then download 3dmark03 and run some bench marks along with all that!, you might even try sisoft sandra and do some testing with it, run 3 ver of prime 95, or just put the whole computer in the oven and set it on 350 for a few hours!

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

i dont know about you all but a good round of ut2003 or 2004 got my cpu's hotter than any other programs did(like it would take my cpu to 55C vs prime95 for 24hours only at 50C

my theory of this is because gaming stresses everything raising overall case temp(not just stress on the cpu) and compents temp making it more obvious its stable when everything is under load

Edited by Ballz2TheWallz