How Do I Make It Burn?

What is the best CPU benchmarking software to heat up my processor? I want to test how well my system is being cooled and how acurately my fan controller triggers the temperature alarm...

-tsamb.

I have been folding since the week I joined. But that still isn't heating up my CPU. Aren't there any programs that will run the CPU crazy for 10/20 minutes and heat it up a bit?

-tsamb.

lol just for kicks and giggles i started Prime 95 on my notebook.... the dang thing ran over 3 hours stable before i freaked out and stopped it. I didnt wanna risk messing something up and i didnt wanna put it in my fridge for fear of condensation (might be a little weird grabbing a keyboard instead of the apple). I wonder how far it could of gone if i had not turned it off

I hope i just didnt hyjack the thread.. i had no intention of doing so. :withstupid:

it is possibly the best stress test program out right now combine it with folding and your cpu should shout for mercy i ran both for 18 hours and it raised my temp from about 48C to 60C for basically the whole time

excellent... *twiddles his thumbs*

I am loading it up right now, will then bring up my VCore and see if I can melt something...

well i hope it doesnt melt, but at least singe some silicon...

-tsamb.

Guest ThermalGuru

Putting the processor on the oven in a skillet heats things up pretty fast.

Other than that, I would agree with Prime95.