Well I Just Did It

svc.com has the thermalright sp97 on sale for $43.99 so i bought it with luck i will get better temps with it than with the TT v11 base i am using now

when i was using my 80mm tornado i had ok temps in the high 30's and low 40's degrees C but since i got tired of the noise and went with the panaflo u1a high flow fan my temp has stayed in the 49 to 52 C range and i dont like that

ive got one of those HS on my 2700+ and its great, got a sunon HO 80mm on it (tornado is to loud) and its at 34c idle and 43c load not oc'd.

ive got one of those HS on my 2700+ and its great, got a sunon HO 80mm on it (tornado is to loud) and its at 34c idle and 43c load not oc'd.

i get the same temps with a TT valcano 11 on a oced barton @ 2.3 ghz

i get the same temps with a TT valcano 11 on a oced barton @ 2.3 ghz

there are also other variables involved besides the cooler itself (but i know you know that). ambient temp, motherboard sensor used, location of sensor being read (diode or socket). thermal grease/paste/pad used, airflow in case, blah blah... so many things out to get us. how do we manage :P

P.S.: Wow, lol. the new "rolleyes" icon ( :rolleyes: ) has it's eyes closed :blink: now thats interesting :P

edit: i'm just dumb. the icon finished looping and stopped at the part where it's eyes were closed. I thought it was pretty funny at the time :smack:

Edited by Trakfast11

I wish i could use the 947u with this dfi board. Things are just way to close to the mobo holes to put anything in em. It can be done but im not gonna chance it. Great score by the way. Let us know how well it does with the panaflo since the tornado's do get annoying? :foldon: