Lanparty Nfii Ultra (not The B) Question

anyone with this board have any idea how to make the sata port work. according to dfi it's not actually a real STA controller. it's nothing more than an SATA bridge that put the sata drive as the primary master drive. however I've got this crazy thing running without anything on the primary IDE channel... and yet the bios can't see it. I've tried 2 different boards, 6 different cables, 2 different power connectors, 2 different hard drives and NOTHING. this stupid thing was working at one time, but lord knows what the heck happened. still waiting on DFI's reply, hopefully I'll get a quick fix here faster.

I never want to send someone away from OCC...

but you might want to post this in the DFI forum at AMDMB.com...

there are many knowledgeable people there regarding DFI boards and it is psuedo-moderated by a couple paid DFI tech support people....

OK I had the same problem. The deal is if your installing Windows on the drive without any IDE drive you have to have nothing on the IDE drive (at least this is how I run it) and boot from CD (Windows) hit F6 and load the SATA (not the RAID, the SATALink) drivers, then the hard drive will be recognized.

Partition and format like usual, install Windows, set your primary boot as HDD 0 (Since the SATA takes up the primary channel), seccondary as SCSI, and tertiary as CDROM Set the access type (or whatever) to LBA if your HDD is large. Thats really all, other than setting the SATA as "SATA" in Genie BIOS and making sure that S-ATA is activated under Advanced Bios.

I am assuming that they run simular BIO's so that's how it should work. I'm running one SATA drive fine now :) (not to rub it in or anything ;))

that's for the B version. totally different board from the original version. the B uses a SIL sata / sata raid controller, the original uses this SATA to ATA bridge that works without drivers, IF the dang thing will ever see a drive

Esh... sorry bro. Do you remember at all how you had it set up the first time? Who are you talking to at DFI... Allen? He was pretty much dead on when he helped me out, only thing is they close at 6pm (Cali time) so you might have to wait a while before you get an answer.

Good luck though, maybe you'll boot it up and magically it will be fixed :crosses fingers: :)

this was setup by one of the techs at another store. but he no longer works for the company :(. so onward I tread to find the solution.

never mind. it's burried under the genie bios stuff. WHY I don't know

Edited by bigred