11 minutes is the LONGEST they've been able to keep thier system up in my area over the last 72 hours. 11 f'n minutes! and this is not the first time it's happened. I swear to god if I could replace thier stupid asses I would. and the sad part is they expect me to pay for this months worthless internet service AGAIN. 3 months in a row this has happened. $59.99 a month for this crap :angry: I've got enough crap to put up with right now and just don't need this right now.

anyone have any thoughts on a lawsuit against comcast for them not adjusting the bill for days they've got things screwed up? it's kinda like the phone company doesn't bill you if they mess something up and you can't use the phone. so why should comcast be any different? lazy ducktards!

you will spend more mony suing then what you would win :P .. .let it go for now. if they keep doing it. Tell them you want to speek to the manager, and then say your will stop the service if this problem keeps happining.

been there done that. and I can't really change service unless I go to dial-up! they've run everyone else out of town by setting up contracts with the city.

as far as a lawsuit. you don't do it alone. it's called a "class action" lawsuit. it where you have many people suing at once with the same complaint

ok.. now i see were your coming from. Well if you can get enough people together. I would go for it. We pay 60 a month for cable internet. But that also includes basic cable.

that reminds me of my ISP "adelphia" .. the were and still are doing server upgrades.. mabe they have to many people on your node. or mabe they just plain suck :P

Well I don't know about Bigred's neighborhood, but here people have more dollars than sense, everyone has broadband, hell our taxes are as much as a good used car, so people get it just to have it and housewives & kids are on 24x7. A lot of people get 2 and 3 cable modems from them because they don't know about "networking" :lol:

same thing here with lots of users. but comcast denies that they're still upgrading. they said it's all done. funny how those clowns ran all that fiber thru everyone's backyard 2 summers ago, and it still sits doing NOTHING. not a god dammed thing :angry:

If I didn't like the house I lived in right now, I'd be packing up to get the heck out of comcast territory (and my numbnuts neighbors while I'm at it)... come to think of it, it's just cuz I don't want to have rewire another house for both data and power any time soon.

This may sound off topic. I know how you feel bigred. My dsl goes down about once a month lately, like right now. Not fun. What pisses me off is that my router says everything is a go. I can ping the outside ip, but I can't ping the dns or access any websites. :angry: BTW I'm writing this using a dial-up connection. Sounds like some major complaining is in order. Hang in there.

hahaha. got them to fix it :) PING FLOOD TO THE RESCUE!!!

pinged thier server till it thought it was underattack, it downed it self and they rebooted. life is good again. probably did this node a favor by doing that

Lol.. Sometimes I really hate that company. :P

I switched modems once, all they had to do was re-provision the line and I'd be back up.... a simple 12 hour max fix... I was down for 31 days. Ended up buying a 56k modem and an Earthlink account after 2 weeks...

By the time I was done, I had spoken with every comcast employee in Canada and Florida (where they have a call centers) as well as the main office in Philly.

And yes, they still expected me to pay for it. WTH. - Finally, after a heated discussion, I ended up with 3 months free (which really didnt cover the losses from downtime).