"surfboard"

I see that Walmart has the motorola surfboard cable modems for like $65, are these any better than others? I need to get something, I divorcing my wife, moving out and leaving her with old speedstream(siemens I think) modem I have been using. I have Comcast 3mb service where I am moving to.

they are ok but i like my linksys much better and stay well away from the rca modems i hate them thats what i had when i first got cable internet funny thing is it died while i was on the phone with tech support lol

they are ok but i like my linksys much better and stay well away from the rca modems i hate them thats what i had when i first got cable internet funny thing is it died while i was on the phone with tech support lol

I hear that people complain about linksys reboot if idle for a while, is that true?

if you are going to comcast read my thread. they're having all kinds of problems and apparently it's not me getting overly pissed at them again. it's fairly wide spread around the metro detroit area.

I have a surfboard and am using cox. Ive been using the modem for 7 months and havent turned it off once. Its worked beautifully for me.

btw. Dont uncap your modem. You may get 40megabits/sec, but they will find you soon after, and you will be in deep dodo.

i've had a sb4200 model for 3 years now, been on Insight BB (indiana) and Comcast (georgia) networks with it, never had a modem issue, stays on

btw: most of the large cable providers are capping the speeds at the head end now from what i can gather, i have friends and neighbors that work for the cable company

another surfboard user here....

using the 4101 model for a couple years with no problems at all...

never used another one so can't compare, but like I said..no probs...

and..... as for the reason you are in the market for a modem (among many other things I am sure.... :( )

I have been there too.... Best wishes and chin up... You will get through it!