I just bought a new system including:

X-BLADE Mid-Tower 450W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display + FAN CONTROL

p4 3.2 Ghz w/HT

SONY 16X DVD-ROM

NU DDW-081 8X DVD+R/+RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE

Seagate 120GB 7200RPM Serial ATA 150 8MB Cache

256 MB PC3200 400MHz DDR

ASUSP4P800 SE DELUXE I865PE AGP8X DUAL DDR w/AUD,USB2,LAN Motherboard

ATI Radeon 9600 SE 128MB DDR AGP 8X w/ TV-Out & DVI(they had a special on this card, i plan to upgrade to a 9800 pro when the new video cards come out and the old ones get cheaper)

Since i ordered from a site I got the cheapest RAM they would give me so I could put it in my old comp to give away. I want to upgrade to probably a gig of RAM. I was suggested in a different forum that PC3500 would be my best bet. However, do I need the PC3500 if I do not want to overclock or would I be better off with the PC3200. Also, here is the link to RAM that is suppossed to be very good. Any help is appreciated, im pretty new to this stuff.

http://www.hardcorecooling.us/index.asp?Pa...PROD&ProdID=487

If you aren't planning to OC (which brings a tear to my eye), PC3200 should be fine... Of-course if it's generic I'd be careful.

EDIT: AH! r_target read my mind :angry::lol::ph34r:

Is it really necessary at this time to overclock? With a P4 3.2 Ghz w/HT is there any reason at this moment to overclock? I would think it is better to overclock whenever my hardware becomes out of date. I know there are 3.4 Ghz out there but it doesn't seem like a 3.2 is slow yet. I love messing with things and need something to occupy my team so maybe later on down the road I can learn to overclock. Thanks for the help guys.

OCing isn't as difficult as you may think (especially with Intels though I'm an AMD guy myself). The reason we OC isn't to keep our stuff up to date, it's to make our up to date stuff supercede the future :P

Right now I'm running a Mobile 2500+ at 3600+ (2.45 gHZ) because extra speed is always better... I could wait until my hardware is a little older (though there would be no reason to wait, computers don't age like wine), but by that time I'll want a better chip so I can make that one faster instead... The point of OCing (IMHO) is like making your PC join the Army, to be all that it can be :lol:

Geez, you guys are really forcing me into this. I don't want to destroy my brand new comp but I guess if I take it slow overclocking would be cool. I use my system to play video games alot, does overclocking the CPU help with that or would that only include the GPU? Also, Im guessing all this overclocking will take a crapload of extra cooling stuff. I'll start to look into it, I had no idea you could do so much stuff yourself to computers these days.