Choices, Choices, Choices!

I'm looking for a p4 socket 478 hsf. So far i've got 3 in mind. I want to o/c my p4 to 3750 Mhz, but i'm worried about heat with my stock cooler. Right now i'm running stock speed and MBM gives me about 36C idle 56C load @ 18.5C ambient temp. I'm not too woried about noise but i want something cheap and good :D .

I've got these three in mind, what do u guys think? Thx.

1.COOLER MASTER JET 4 (Looks Cool :P )

2.Thermaltake Volcano 7+

3.GLOBAL WIN CAK4-88T

Hey here's one http://www.svc.com/aeroht101.html too try for some extreme over clocking just put two tornado's on it see the tempture disappear.

I know it's a little expensive and I know svc is not the best place to get it just the best cooler that came mind and the first place to get it that I could think of

Edited by spectrascope

I'm looking for a p4 socket 478 hsf. So far i've got 3 in mind. I want to o/c my p4 to 3750 Mhz, but i'm worried about heat with my stock cooler. Right now i'm running stock speed and MBM gives me about 36C idle 56C load @ 18.5C ambient temp. I'm not too woried about noise but i want something cheap and good :D .

I've got these three in mind, what do u guys think? Thx.

1.COOLER MASTER JET 4 (Looks Cool :P )

2.Thermaltake Volcano 7+

3.GLOBAL WIN CAK4-88T

i wolud go with the 2nd one ..ThemalTake Volcano 7+..yep..also i have nice experiences with my Volcano 11..so i would go eith the volcano 7

RadioActivated, what temps have u gotten with ur volcano 11, would the 7+ be better? Ummm... Spectrascope, that looks like a good cooler but unfortunatley i live in Australia and shipping costs are crap, and i can't find that hsf anywhere, thx though ;) .

jet 7 sucked, therefore I'd have to guess that the jet 4 does as well. the aero 4+ was okay, but the aero 4 lite seems to be pretty good.

personally this one has been my favorite for the P4 pctoys nice little 5700. I don't know why this little guy hasn't gotten more writeups to tell you the honest truth.

ok here are your only options to reach that speed seeing if your chip can handle it thou.

first zaleman cnps700 is ok, the thermalright series is the bomb, the slk800 with 80mm tornado or tt smartfan2 will be a good cooling opion not the bst but not far behiend. now the slk900,947 with a 92mm tornado will rival good water cooling, and ther granddady of them all is the sp94 cant be beat but at 50 buks plus fan thats 70bvucks but is as good or better than water.

Hmmmm... The thermalright series is a bit out of my range right now, i just got a new rig and don't have that much left to fork out :O . Although a SLK947U would be great! I just came across the Coolermaster Hyper 6 KHC-V81, comes with 6 heatpipes or something and comes with a fan. What do you guys think about it, also i'm leaning towards a volcano 7+, would that get me anywhere near a o/c of 3750mhz? I've just realized how many people have a thermalright cooler, I want One!!!

(btw, any one got any good reviews on that --^ hsk? the inital buzz about the heat-pipe approach was kinda weak...)

-sigh- Baaad reviews on the Jet in the OC world, anyway. Coolermaster needs to back out of the hsk market i think. (keep to the cases fellas.)

Thermaltake had been one of the most reliable OC'ing hsks for a while now. Good choice.. just do a search in the forums for it and you will see all the reviews.

Dunno about the Globalwin...

My personal favorates are the Swiftech coolers, but I have a fondness for the Zalman quiet coolers as well.