Fried?

Ok So ofter Oc'ing my system to 145 fsb from a 1.6 Vcore to a 1.650 Vcore , and chagged my ram timing to 2-2-2-12 , I called asus They sent me a new bios chip so I poped it in , it's in the rite way , Turned it on , set it to clear cmos , then turned it off, moved the jumper , and tryied to boot , No post , all fans spin every thing else works , the mobo's lan lights come on , and the pci lights come on like normal , no Post I got a new chip , still nothing , What should i Do

Thanks to all who help!

Ok i tested the cpu on a dfiffernt mobo , but i not sure if it works , How do you tell if a cpu is dead

you put oyur chip in a known good motherboard and try to boot or you put a known good chip in your motherboard and try to boot note new is not known good. known good is one that is currently in a system that boots or a system that currently boots

same thing happend to me you need a new processor.

Don't be so quick here, every system is different.

Test all components you think may be going wrong in a working system. This includes (but is not limited to) CPU, RAM, PSU. If everything checks out OK then you know its the motherboard to blame. Keep in contact with the manufacturer as well, they can be a valuable resource (give they actually help). Good luck!

you said you set your ram to 12-2-2-2 . Try going back to default speeds and rechecking it . Will your ram run at 2-2-2 or does it need a higher latency? :foldon: If this XMS3200then reset your timing and you should be able to run.

if it is the timings on the ram the computer should still post but just be unstable as hell.

i agree you need to test everything first tho before you start pointing fingures at one certain part