Buying A New Card

Ok, in about a month or two I will be buying my video card for my new rig. I'm a big ATI fan and right now I have a 9500 Pro OC'd 355/301. I think it's time for a change and I might want a new Nvidia Card instead of the 9800 Pro I was thinking of buying. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of a 9800 Pro 128MB (256 maybe) and a Nvidia card comparible to the ATI. My Price range is 0-400 bucks.

Well, in a month or so, the new wave of cards will be out, so the 9800 Pro will only be a mid grade card (and will drastically fall in price). The nVidia 6800 benchmarks are wonderful, but I'd wait to see what the ATi X800 looks like before you go and buy anything

well either the 9800 pro or 5900 (flash it to a 5950 ultra) the new cards will be mainly to say mine is bigger then yoursas either of the abova crds do well in games bow as it is

Well, in a month or so, the new wave of cards will be out, so the 9800 Pro will only be a mid grade card (and will drastically fall in price). The nVidia 6800 benchmarks are wonderful, but I'd wait to see what the ATi X800 looks like before you go and buy anything

:withstupid: I want to see what the new cards will do. I'm also a big ATI fan but if the other guys can give me a better product i may be tempted. :foldon:

I was looking at some of the Gefore 6800 Ultra reviews and it looks like it does better with higher settings than the other cards. Can't wait to see the new ATI reviews.

the x800pro will be the card to get. it will offer great performance around 100bucks cheaper than the x800xt and 6800ultra. also within 2 months we will probally see a refresh on the nv40 and prices will drop even further pushing the 6800ultra down in price. alot of things can change in three months and we still dont know how the x800pro will stack up against the 6800ultra :ph34r: