Odd Error, Can't Figure It Out!

Okay, here's the deal.

I just built this computer, my first one from scratch, ordering all parts from newegg. I got it all together and everything works perfectly, so I think. But at every boot I get 2 quick beeps. That doesnt seem normal so I check my motherboard documentation and it says 2 beeps is a Parity Error. I've double checked that the RAM is seated correctly, it runs in Dual Channel mode I have it set in the right banks, etc. I ran memtest86 and get no errors. Anyone know what's going on? How I might be able to fix this if it even is a problem.... Thanks in advance,

Filth

P.S. = The computer in my sig is the one I'm having trouble with.

If dual channel is working fine and memtest goes perfectly, I would tally it up in the "odd-but-not-at-all-bad" category. If anything goes seriously wrong, however, you have the right to hunt me down and smack me.

sounds like ram but what do i know i had something like that happen to me prob a bad stick of ram but like they said try to see if it is ram

;) My Asus mobo did that at first...I updated the bios and it stopped..even though I did have bad memory...if memtest passes and prime95 runs ok then your system is ok..try updating the bios from Asus directly...don't rely on the autoupdate program...it doesn't see the new updates on the web correctly I think 1016 is the latest bios. B)

Yeah, I think the asus post reporter thingey is crazy. My A7N8X deluxe would rattle off random things whenever I turned it on...You know, it would mumble "memory test failed" then continue on with bootup without any problems. Whatever.

OK, I have a similar weird issue with my p4p800. The number of beeps on mine corresponds to how many USB devices I have plugged in. I couldn't figure out why mine was beeping, so I unplugged everthing but my mouse and keyboard. I went from three beeps to one (my mouse is USB). So surely enough, plugged my joystick back in, got two beeps. Plugged the scanner back in, three beeps. Weird I know. So my question is are you using 2 USB devices? if you are unplug them and boot. This has caused no adverse effects.

If there is something else wrong you could also turn on the speech warnings in the BIOS. The board will say if something isn't right.

That's a crazy idea but it fits, before I flashed the BIOS (Now it doesn't beep)., it gave me those 2 beeps, and I so happen to have 2 USB Devices, Mouse and Keyboard. And now that I remember when I set it up with a PS\2 keyboard and mouse I got no beeps. LOL, maybe they changed that in this latest update to the BIOS because like I said it doesnt do it now... :)