18yrs Old And They Still Ground Me

General

I get grounded all the time... Making cherry bombs... staying out all night and not telling... certain files on the compuer (i have now figured out how to use a password lol)... jesus.... now that i look back, i have been a very very bad boy lol!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to get grounded when i was much much younger, but not anytime in highschool or thereafter. I didn't do too much stupid stuff at that age, and my parents trusted me. I was just honest with them, and left notes if i was going somewhere. i'm 22, graduated from college, and now back home....no rules really...but then again, they know i'm not going to go out and do something stupid. I basically think kids get what they deserve. My brother never learned. He would lie about stuff....get caught...and of course that made it 10x worse. He never understood that if you get them to trust you off the bat, you're able to get away with much much more ;):P.

PS. That works with teachers too :P

when i turned 18 i told my parents a few things.

go ahead ground me i don't have to listen to u

take the internet away from me i take it from the house

and finally

i not going to church

they were really cool about it, but still use the "we would really like it if u went to church with us so ur grandmom doesn't get upset". or were not mad that u don't want to go to church just disapointed with u"

As a parent myself you as the child need to learn the game. Do as your told and you have no problems. Humor your parents and do as they wish and youll be amazed at what you can get away with. :foldon:

As a parent myself you as the child need to learn the game. Do as your told and you have no problems. Humor your parents and do as they wish and youll be amazed at what you can get away with. :foldon:

:withstupid::withstupid:

i can get away with a lot more than my younger bro (by 2 years) since i'm more responsible and they trust me. you gotta pick your battles wisely.

the problem isnt trust...

the problem is marks.

i try and try and keep craping failing. they think this way they can punish a univeristy education into me yet.. *sigh* well thanks for listening guys. i used this thred to vent a bit.

also its not that i live a confined life. i have my phone with me all the time and if im drunk or something stupid like that i usually call them and they come get me. i leave the car at my friends house.

so trust isnt the problem. its school.

based on the results of my physics unit final on monday, my grounding may lift or continue..

well the reason i got grounded is because i went outside to play soccer. my mom grounded me for that.

-No leaving the house

-6 hours of hw a day (including weekends)

i donno what the heck is wrong with them

And WHO'S roof do you live under!??!? Do you pay rent?!?!

Rob

Lol I no longer get grounded per say though being 17 now I am a mouthy one heh. Most they are able to do is cut the power to whatever room I wish to go in. Doesn't last long maybe a day at most and not too often.

Never been grounded myself. At 16, I am the most responsible kids here, so I have the trust thing going for me. That, and my little brother is 12 and the ticketed "problem child." He is doing everything in his power to be "cool" and it is quite painful to watch really, expecially since I am looked upon as THE model of cool in this house :-/ Oh well, this is your thread to vent in, not mine, so t.t and my sympathies...

what the heck^ Your posting complete dribble at this point.

Ive been posting all through the night. Including right now, its 4:45. But you dont see me acting like a doofus.

There should be some kind of filter that prevents crap posts from people that cant handle being up past midnight.