O/c'd 3.0ghz C, Help With 9800pro

I just o/c'd my p4 C 3ghz to 3410mhz. I'm just wondering, is the voltage alright (1.6v)? So far there havn't been any problems, i've ran sandra cpu benchmarks looped 10 times, 3dmark2003 and 2001 looped 10 times and prime 95 for 1 hour. So stability so far is good, would the CPU be able to go anymore. I'm only using the stock cooler, the temps from the Bios give me 40.5C but with my probe 31.9C, under load 62C with bios and 40C with the probe. Also i want to o/c my video card (9800 pro), it's currently running @ 378/675, what speeds would i be able 2 get, i can't be bothered going and increasing by 5mhz and then benchmarking, i havn't got the time. THX!

B) Ok, well first off 62c is WAY too high. Try stay below 55 with the stock cooler. If your gunna be putting up with temps that high, may as well increase the FSB a little more, I think your voltage can take it and you shouldnt see a further temp increase. Worst thing that can happen is your comp freezes/beomces unstable, if so then lower your oc again.

As for the video card, overclocks differ from one card to another, so basically you'll have to make time to if you really want to overclock your 9800 pro. Overclocking can be a slow process, and if you dont wanna send $200+ down the drain I would do it the proper slow way rather than rush the oc and screw your card. The speeds you will be able to get not only depend on your card, but also cooling. Are you using stock cooling? If so what is it? I would say from no knowledge of your card you can get at least 400mhz core. Look in my sig for what I get, thats with a VGA silencer and alluminium ramsinks (stock cooling). DONT just go straight to 400mhz because I assume you could get it, go up slowly, its the only real safe way to do it, but unfortunately, overclocking takes time and isnt gunna happen in 5 mins.

Hope that helps

Im using stock cooling for my CPU and videocard. My Idle temps are 37-40c and load temps 49-55c depending on room temp. My vcore is 1.55 also.

And btw, overclocking the "slow way" is ALWAYS recommended.

Hey Vamp, how did you get your 2.8 up to 3.5 on only 1.5vcore? I can only hit about 3.3 stable on 1.5 volts. After that, the VCore needs to come up or I start crashing and hanging.

-tsamb.

Must have a good stepping p4! luck of the draw on that one. For the vid card get the vga silencer and you should (stressing the should) be able to hit 9800xt speeds (425/750 i think may be igher not sure thou ). Although the memory may hold you back on it. If you wann aoverclock any more than 3.4 ghz i would recommend a decent HSF like the swiftech or thermalright series. OR if budget isn't a problem then go for high water cooling on it. Sounds like the probe is more accurate for the temps although it could be wrong as there is such a difference in temps 40-62 degrees. Check using mbm that uses your mobos temp sensor for the motherboards readings most likely this will be out! Try not to go above 1.65 colts on a p4 unless your using decent colling (ie water cooling) cos they tend to get hotter once you pass 1,65 volts.

hmm.. i was going 2 get the VGA silencer but i can't find it newhere in Adelaide, Australia. Also i hav no idea why the difference in temps are so high, would it be because it stuck onto the HSF? I've started oc'ing mmy video card im @ 385/710 so far. Thx 4 the advice guys