Farm Going Down...

InvaderTrax

Well, there are about 3 weeks left in the school year, and, once it's over, almost all of my folding farm will be shut down (school library). I'll be loosing over a dozen 2GHz Celerons and P4's. I'll be left with my Athlon, 450MHz PII, and whatever else I assimilated along the way. Guess I'll loose my place as #23 on OCC and spot as one of the top 10 producers. Who knows. Maybe next year they'll replace those MMX's with some more P4's :D

Not necessarily so Invader... As much as I'd love to get a higher spot, I don't wanna see our Folding team lose strength... If you can get access to the BIOS on those machines, you could just set them up to wake on LAN or another utility... If you use LAN, just record the external IP's ( www.whatsmyip.com ) of the machines and ping them when you get home :D

Aint I a smartass?

well sorry to hear that, but one quick question. how did you get folding on those machines? did you ask the admin or were you sneaky? just wondering because i would like to do that next year at my school. they leave most comps on 24/7 and all they are doing is wasting electricity.

well sorry to hear that, but one quick question. how did you get folding on those machines? did you ask the admin or were you sneaky? just wondering because i would like to do that next year at my school. they leave most comps on 24/7 and all they are doing is wasting electricity.

:bah: they do that here at UNC too, so many ocmp labs, so many comps, none folding. i purposed it to the admin, but she was a no go. <_<