Quietest Hsf For Ocing Nf7-s?

kurosen

Well, I just took a look into my case this morning and realized I haven't changed the POS HSF that came with my original system (60mm Speeze) since it's thie only size that would fit... I have an Abit NF7-S now with a Mobile 2500+ OCed to 2405mhz (man I love this mobo :D ). I needed to know what a good/quiet combo would be for around the $45 - $50 area. I would rather get something with clips as direct mounting would be a pain for me (I don't wanna un-mount it every time I need to adjust my case temp probe)... Any ideas?

BTW, I have some sort of phase change pad that I received from Dow Corning (my company deals with them some how) and wanted to know if it is better then paste...

http://www.dowcorning.com/applications/pro...29024&type=PROD

A ThermalTake Silent Boost is near-silent, and cools well. It's even below your price range.

As for the thermal pad, I honestly don't know if it's any good, but I am a firm believer in Arctic Silver products.

Edited by Some_Guy_

Get an SLK-900A and put a quiet 92mm fan on it, thats probably your best choice for quiet cooling. I would say that UFO cooler from thermaltake looks reallllly nice, but its not exactly quiet, but i THINK it comes with a fan controller...

Thermal conductance is the inverse of thermal resistance.

yeah, i knew that. i guess i was trying to look too deep (after learning about so many different variables involved in OC'ing over time, it looks like i was looking for something that wasn't there). Thanks for the reality check Some :smack:

Edited by Trakfast11

Thanks for the help (and the science lesson :P ) guys... I think I'll go with the TT Silent Boost... Do you think the phase change pad will hold me back though? What (other then pastes) would be a better heat transfer solution?