Memory Error Or Bad Mobo?

fantom

I am at it again. I just replaced memory and it has helped but I still get Memory errors from dimm bank 0/1 and zero errors from dimm 2 no matter how I load the memory...how can I check the mobo?....could it be something as dumb as too much heat grease or wrong voltage? Fyi the previous sticks were corsair 4000 twinx 1024 pt (platinum heat sink) that cpu z recognized as pc 3200. The 4000 "Pro" is now recognized at pc 3700 by cpu z and is noticeably faster.

Edited by fantom

I would start by downloading Memtest86 (just google it) and creating the bootable disk....

set your system at stock speeds and boot up to the memtest disk... run test 5 for about 15 or 20 minutes... then you can start raisng the FSB and running the test to see if it gets errors...

do you have any other RAM from another system that you can use to test?

I don't have any other memory to test it against. I used memtest and another I think is Memgold..not sure..and the one from Microsoft which is pretty cool and fast..you d/l the file and can make bootable floppy or cd and the whole thing is done in less than 30 minutes. However it still shows the errors as I described. FYI dimm bank A shows all the errors and bank B shows 0 errors now. B4 it showed errors on both sides. Prime wouldn't even run more than 30 seconds..now it is running quite well so far after 4 hours. Either the new memory is strong enough to recover or the memtest from M.S. just isn't compatible for whatever reason. I would post it here but it is 640 kb. It is called mtinst.exe ..I am going to try the other testers as well as the system is running quite well now and has stopped crashing, so far anyway. Curious as to how long prime will run...hopefully at least 12 hours before I start raising things up. Cpu temp is holding between 45C and 46C with prime running and doing all the other usual stuff too.

Edited by fantom