Average Age Of The Occ Member?

jammin

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright then, I think that is enough ppl for now. I realise that 74 members is hardly a large enough sample to represent such a large community of people, but it will have to do.

So this is the part where we have a look at the result and see what we can learn (if anything) from it. Maybe it will give us an insight into the life of the average overclocker (i think there will be much speculation for this part).

So... To the result.

For those of you interested, here are all of the results posted. This way people can check up to see if I've made any mistake.

Age........................Number of ppl.

12 ...................................1

14 ...................................8

15 ...................................6

16 ...................................9

17 ...................................8

18 ...................................3

19 ...................................6

21 ...................................3

22 ...................................5

23 ...................................4

24 ...................................2

26 ...................................3

27 ...................................1

28 ...................................1

29 ...................................1

30 ...................................2

31 ...................................1

33 ...................................2

35 ...................................1

36 ...................................1

37 ...................................1

40 ...................................1

42 ...................................1

43 ...................................2

50 ...................................1

Total ppl = 74 Cumulative age = 1620

I have not included ages that have no result for obvious reasons (would be a long list).

So the mean age is - 21.891...

Median Age is - 19

Mode Age is - 16

The fact that the range of these values is relatively highlights the resrticted size of the sample (plus i couldn't be bothered to rule out outlying values etc... won't go into that too much).

It does give us chance to talk about the average member from each perspective however.

The overall result is that the average age is pretty low in general.. no big surprises there... i possibly even thought the mean value may have been slightly lower.

I want your opinions on what you think the result says about this community (or is this all just a waste of time... don't be afraid to say so if you think that).

What about the average life experience of a 16, 19 and 22(for convenience) yr old?

So what do you think?

I'll save some of my opinions until later as I've waffled on enough already (this is my longest post by a long shot!)....

Edited by jammin

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA im the youngest ahahahaha im surronded by old people NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Guest ThermalGuru

Nice,

But 74 people is hardly represenative of this community. It's much larger.

Nice,

But 74 people is hardly represenative of this community. It's much larger.

Hence why I mentioned it in my analysis.

Would have liked alot more people to post their age.

you should get an offical poll going, get linux or something to set it up. Poll people, let the poll run for like 3 weeks or something, maybe think about putting a section in the news supporting it, then im sure the response would be at least 500 or more....

you should get an offical poll going, get linux or something to set it up. Poll people, let the poll run for like 3 weeks or something, maybe think about putting a section in the news supporting it, then im sure the response would be at least 500 or more....

Fella's... fella's... this sort of poll has been conducted before, albeit not officially [Click Here] ;)

And while the number of members polled isn't overly representative of OCC, many people join merely for competitions, to access member only features/sections of this forum, to participate in our super hot F@H & Seti teams, and so on... :D

And while the number of members polled isn't overly representative of OCC, many people join merely for competitions, to access member only features/sections of this forum, to participate in our super hot F@H & Seti teams, and so on... :D

Very true, I have seen some ppl join, just to post a response to Reviews on the Homepage. ;)