Another Site Sugestion

rein

I thought it might be a good idea, if the last post in a thread gets edited that it could get bumped. It happened to me twice, where id respond to advice given and then when i want to ask another question i cant post twice in a row. So i have to edit it, the only problem is the post falls out of current active topics. Kinda sux. Tend not ot get any more responses.

Just thought it might be a good idea :D

i think that "request bump" would be better.. whre theres a button to request a admin to bump it.. and you can explain your reasoning why you wnat it to be bumped

i think that "request bump" would be better.. whre theres a button to request a admin to bump it.. and you can explain your reasoning why you wnat it to be bumped

:withstupid: Could you imagine ppl trying to "edit" posts from last year....LoL

yeh and people may just "edit bump" to put thier topic bvack on the first page.

very good point.

now i like the button idea, and having to have an admin bump it for you. that would reduce nonsense bumps where someone adds a simley :D

very good point.

now i like the button idea, and having to have an admin bump it for you. that would reduce nonsense bumps where someone adds a simley :D

the problem with one of the admin deciding whether or not it gets bumped is that it takes a long time to sift through all of them and they wouldn't get bumped straight away because the admin have other things to do.

just a thought, maybe we could set up some kind of junior admin which deals with the 'bumping'. i would suggest doing a vote to see who most people want on the 'junior admin' then those selct few decide what gets bumped and what doesn't.

i'm leaning towards kirky's idea. having a "request bump" button for admin review gives the admins way too much unnecessary work....i don't think they'd appreciate it.

I believe in the rules, there's a rule against bumping...so, theoretically, we can just have an edit cause a bump, and if someone abuses it, they get a warning...remember we have the warning system now, so there can be a rule for blatant bumps causing a day or two ban or something.

I agree with bumps because sometimes somebody might not even get the chance to see the thread. But I do think that more than one bump per day should be punished. If the getting gets excessive it should go away, but what do you guys think about maybe one bump per thread per day?