Sign in to follow this  
Jakalwarrior

How To Remove Heat Sink?

Last time I tried to remove my heatsink it was suction attached to the chip. It would slide all around but would not come off. I ended up forcing it and it popped the chip right out. No damage but I dont really want to do that again. how do I get it off without it bringing the chip with it?

Last time I tried to remove my heatsink it was suction attached to the chip. It would slide all around but would not come off. I ended up forcing it and it popped the chip right out. No damage but I dont really want to do that again. how do I get it off without it bringing the chip with it?

amd or intel?

Did you try the "SEARCH" function on this forum...there was just a thread about that the other day. Please in the future try searching before posting.

If everyone searched before every post there would be no new posts. Theres not much thats never been said.

:D:P you got a point

Last time I tried to remove my heatsink it was suction attached to the chip. It would slide all around but would not come off.

I had this problem when I used too much AS5 on my P4. I couldnt even take my water block off with out it pulling the cpu out of the socket. (yeah, the zif socket was locked too.)

It just takes time man. If there is some of that ultra-nasty goop on it that is more like rubber cement (as seen on a ABIT northbrige), just be really carefull with it.

when all else fails try freezing it that could help a lil in hardening the goop so then a few lil twist might just break it loose