Sign in to follow this  
sdy284

What Internet Browser Do You Use?

I mean, it's a web browser. If you have a half decent internet connection there is no time difference in loading pages. As long as you can bookmark and type in an internet address, what else do you really need a WEB BROWSER to do? There's really no performance gains with firefox or opera. Just another program taking up space.

Sure there might not be any perfomance gains. But riddle me this. Would you rather choose a program full of holes and exploits, or a program that nobody really focuses on hacking?

Ill give you two choices, but your only gonna need one.

Edited by andrusk

IE6 right now, but i'm gonna download firefox when i get home just to see what the hoopla is about.

Seriously, when was the last time your computer was hacked? And if you really don't want people hacking into your windows based computer, IE is the least of your problems. Run a good firewall and antivirus. That will stop 99.9% of the hackers. And if that .1% of hackers really want to get into your computer, they ARE going to get in, regardless of what browser you are using.

So my answer is I use IE because in the real world it is no more vulnerable than firefox or opera, epsecially when the user understands the risks and knows how to protect his computer in better ways than choosing a 3rd party browser and declaring himself safe from all hacking attempts.

So my answer is I use IE because in the real world it is no more vulnerable than firefox or opera, epsecially when the user understands the risks and knows how to protect his computer in better ways than choosing a 3rd party browser and declaring himself safe from all hacking attempts.

If i didnt know any better I would call that an insult. Also, I never said you were safe from all hacking attempts. NEVER. What I did say was that it eliminated more holes. You of all people should see that as a plus, not a minus. I do not declare myself safe from any hacking attempts anyway. Jeez.

p.s. I run a software firewall, and two hardware firewalls. As well as use a third party browser :P So yeah, Im pretty safe! <_<

Edited by andrusk

Personally I have used firefox and opera and still have gone back to IE6. IE is very easy to use and if you run a popup blocker (google is probably the best free blocker out right now) there's no problems. I mean, it's a web browser. If you have a half decent internet connection there is no time difference in loading pages. As long as you can bookmark and type in an internet address, what else do you really need a WEB BROWSER to do? There's really no performance gains with firefox or opera. Just another program taking up space.

For all of those still using AOL dialup, please stop, you're only hurting yourselves. Get Netzero if you really can't afford better, or go to DSL/Cable and let AOL die in peace.

sure the speed that pages load is the same, but addons or 3rd party browsers give you all sorts of browsing shortcuts like typing gg instead of www.google.com or right mouse button then left mouse button to go back. ;)

mosaic....ok firefox. i agree with someone's statment earlier about opera being alright, just with too many features.

Guest FxXP
NETSCAPE 7.1!!!!!

Yeah and you can keep it too :P

Yeah and you can keep it too :P

lol

just switched from firebird to firefox tonight

Guest FxXP

FireFox I love, but I'll keep that basta****ed AOL POS (Nutscrape) off of my PC.