Nooooo

Yup. I just read an Article in Maximum Pc saying

that AMD is clock-locking there CPUs....

for people that dont no what clock-locking is... basically AMD is locking there Athlon XP's like INTEL did....

yes the pencil trick will not work....

AMD says that they will leave there FX line unlocked...

"FX buyers are enthusiasts and more sphisticated, and thus less likely to get ripped by remarking scams"...

Edited by IoDd64

Yup. I just read an Article in Maximum Pc saying

that AMD is clock-locking there CPUs....

for people that dont no what clock-locking is... basically AMD is locking there Athlon XP's like INTEL did....

yes the pencil trick will not work....

AMD says that they will leave there FX line unlocked...

"FX buyers are enthusiasts and more sphisticated, and thus less likely to get ripped by remarking scams"...

does that mean no over-clocking ( i aslready have a amd 2200+) im a just wondering

No, you will still be able to overclock, but only using the fsb.

By the way, the pencil trick on the Tbird's and their Duron counterparts. The pencil trick doesn't work on the XP chips.

I believe mobiles are unlocked. I dont own an ADM but everything I read says mobile chips are unlocked. Though I gotta ask...what is the point of ocin with the multi? FSB makes everything faster...

No, you will still be able to overclock, but only using the fsb.

By the way, the pencil trick on the Tbird's and their Duron counterparts.  The pencil trick doesn't work on the XP chips.

are the laser cuts on the XP's (before the lockdown) the reason people say the pencil trick won't work? You can draw around the cuts without shorting the pins next to them.

Additional pin tricks? Some XP's are unlocked, but those that are locked are permanently so due to a laser cut to the core.

Edited by a rabbit