What Wattage Needed For Pelts?

hey guys...i'm back again with Q's on the pelts...lol

i will order two pelts...one 226W and one 80W

should a 350W PSU be good enough for powering both?

i will use dual PSU's...one for system and one for pelts....

also...are there specific brand i should look for? i'm not sure if the UK dangerden supplier can deliver the CPU maze4 with pelt...i will get the DD vid card pelt with maze4

For the 226 I would say no, watts of current drawn is volts x amps so assuming you have one like the first one listed Here you would need 500+ watts for the both. sorry thats why they sell seperate psu's for the things. :( $$ For the 80 watt I think you could do it. I'm running a 80w pelt off my 300w psu now, my only complaint is that the molex connector for the pelt is kind of hot. Mabye road-runner & Nuclear will post has awsome rigs.

Get a MeanWell PSU designed for Pelts. Anything else and your asking for trouble. You can't skimp when dealing with H20, Pelts, or Phase-Change...the results of skimping are disasterous and usually costly.

Get a MeanWell PSU designed for Pelts.

I will consider this strongly for my setup. Do waht the man says, especally for a 226w pelt. I wish I could find one that runs closer to the pelts vmax though.

i am looking at that pelt for the CPU...

okay..got it...i will go with a meanwell PSU...

but then i'm going to setup my WC setup first...and add the pelts later on...i'm still reading thru alot of reviews and info on this...

thanks for the help guys....as always

• 1 month later...

you will actually need a 450 for that 226 alone, if you look on the site it tells how many amps and voltage range, you will want at least 18amps off of your 12v get an allied psu, cheap 450s and are decent, you can whack off most of the connections and wire up a switch on it