DVD-Rom LED - Need Some Help!

Hey, im currently building a new pc, I was gettin ideas from peoples mods, and i came acrosss one that had a LED light in the DVD-rom and the top of the case a whole the size of a CD, and you could see the CD swirlin around.. it looked awesome. I was just wondering if anyone could give me links to help me build, and Wouldnt the LED heat up the CDrom causing some problems? and what about the top of the DVD-rom open... Couldnt dust damage it also? Please get back to me! ;D

Aight.. my comp has a Cdrom Window with lights..

First off.. its simple.. just take the cover over and cut a square hole in it and put it back on.. lol.. next put in the LEDs no.. they dont get hot.. and they dont cause problems..

If u want to be spiffy connect the LED to the inside of the cdrom molex connector and get power that way so u dont have wires running overtop the cdrom.. it would be like stealthing the LEDs lol.. ur gonna wanna find the 5volt wire.. and use like 168ohm resister.. unless ur going to use 2 leds.. then I wouldent use any resistance.. if u feel u want to.. pop on like 50ohms or something..

First off.. for that you have to put the cdrom in the top.. so U could see it.. as long as u have a window on top of the comp.. you will be fine dust wise.. and even if some did get in there..

Its not a big deal.. or if u were worried.. u could always find a thin durable plastic sheet and make a window out of it for the cdrom.. :P

Oh Before u do this.. Test on an old cdrom.. dont go hacking up a new one.. It can be tough :P trust me on this :)

Nevermind i just took the screws from the bottem... i was lookin at the top part of the Cd-rom and i see a object to hold the cd in place so it wont flip out... Did you leave that part out or did you adjust something in your case?