Do You Work The Vcore Down?

After you get a good overclock and want to stay at it, do you typically start working the Vcore down until its unstable, then bring it back up to get the lowest possible temps? My new Mobo reports the cpu temp incorrectly (mbm shows about 12*C when it starts then works up to 45 or 50 for idle. Same chip idled at 29 on old mobo). So I figured Id work the vcore down. Sofar its at 1.45 and im testing it for stability (chip is rated for 1.52).

I'm guessing your talking of a P4? If stock is 1.525v, then you shouldn't go below that mark unless your board under-volts like crazy.

Usually, I'll up my FSB until the system becomes unstable. Once its unstable, I up the vcore by .025 until its stable again. Then I up the FSB some more, etc...I try to keep my vcore at 1.65v or below, I'll go higher if its in either one of my phase-change systems.

seems perfectly stable 2.0ghz at 2.7 with 1.45 volts (didnt finish testing, somone in the next room burnt some toast, the smell made me run over and cut my comp off. Non reliable temps suck). My board does allow a whole lot of undervolting. BRB, ill go see what the min is (I have to pick from a list).

*edit* board supports 1.100-1.85 Im testing it at 1.425 now.

Edited by Jakalwarrior

P4 Celeron Northwood 2ghz 128L2 on 645DXchipset. Not working like I thought it was though. Seems that if I put anything bellow 1.475 it just give it 1.475 anyway and ignores me even though it shows the change in the bios settings.

Edited by Jakalwarrior