Create Folding Banner for OCC and make $$$

Bosco

After seeing this thread I figured we could use a Folding banner to recruit people. What I mean by banner, is an advertising banner (like the one that can be found above this page). If we have any graphic artists on our folding team, maybe you could throw together a banner for us? As everyone knows, I have no graphic skills but I have a couple of ideas.

1. Could make a banner that simply tells about our team, what we do, and how it helps.

2. A banner similar to the one in this thread that acts like uncle sam (and he WANTS YOU!) to join.

3. Have one maybe that shows you might win free stuff, for participating. Maybe have some quotes from our other folding winners with a pic of their prize next to the quote. For example: "I won a kick . Athlon XP barebones system!" - sVperbeast2k5.

Notes:

File size should be: 728x90

Animated gif, preferred

Flash is ok

File size should be kept under 38k (but lower the better)

Will pay $15 bucks to the person who makes the best banner or group of banners. $10 bucks to the person who makes next to the best banner (if there is one). Must have PayPal to get the money.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could maybe put something about taz's retro machines folding and say something like "Do you want to be beat by a 500mhz machine?" or something that would make them say hey im better than that. kinda like what happenend when the macs were gonna beat us. i would try but i currently have no graphic skills either.

p.s. this is in no way meant to offend anyone with a retro machine :lol:

it's a cool banner but it doesnt really advertise folding the only reference it has is "folding@home"

I agree. Also, most people don't know what folding@home is and what it's for.

whats this talk of winning great prizes any way i thought the goal was to help cure diseases surely thats more rewarding than a lucky charms bracelet

I agree. However, we try to have contests and giveaways for our folding members to say "Thanks for participating" and to give an incentive for others to join.