Flucutating Vcore

Hey i've posted before about my stability problems and i still believe its down to my 360W chieftec PSU which is not up to the task of powering my rig(in sig)

rails are 3.3v - 3.34 v

5v - 3.12 v (TERRIBLE!!!)

12v - 11.98 v

my vcore fluctuates between 1.488v and 1.504v (taken from CpuZ & aida32).

I'm under the impression that the vcore should remain solid at all times is that right? or is something wrong here?

The stability problems only really occur after playing a 3d intensive game eg C&Cgenerals for an hour or two which causes a complete system crash, temps are fine btw, 34C idle, 44C load (thermaltake k8 silent boost cooling)

i know my rails are a problem, but are those minor changes in vcore devastating to system performance? many thanks.

side note: i'm planning on getting the Tt 480W butterfly purepower PSU, that ok for this rig? soz if this isn't the exact forum, i just thought vcores would go under processor :)

yeah thought as much. cheers dude :)

i'd like to also apologise for my terrible spelling in the topic title :) lol

its 3am and i have work in 5 hours, forgive me :blink:

bring on the new PSU then!!!

May i suggest a PSU?

I would get this PSU, i have it and it is great.. unless your using pelter cooling with a bojillion fans and lights "note pelter cooling is 240W of power or so" you dont need that much power. Saver yourself some money and get a better HSF for you CPU :D

yeah that psu seems perfect dude. are the cables sleeved on it? thats one thing i definetly want the psu to have.

I can't find it on many uk sites tho. It'd cost me the same price to get that shipped over here than it would for me to just buy the 480W butterfly purepower psu.

As for the HSF i'm happy enough wi my temps just now :) i really can't be bothered fiddling about with installing another HSF, i've been outta luck recently, i'm not wanting to fiddle about lol I am buying an artic cooler rev 3 for my 9600xt tho :) hehe

The K8T800 chipset seems to have a problem with fluctuating vcores. Mine hits 1.488v then rises to 1.52v, and back to 1.5v. I know a couple people who have had this same problem.

Your 5v line is definatly a problem though.

my vcore also fluctauates... I just thought it was normal, I mean serious it would be very hard to get a constant voltage, mine goes from 1.488 > 1.52 every once in a while.

I have an antec truepower 380watt, very solid performance, so i seriously doubt that the vcore changing is much to worry about.

my vcore also fluctauates... I just thought it was normal, I mean serious it would be very hard to get a constant voltage, mine goes from 1.488 > 1.52 every once in a while.

Thats a litttle bit diff't than a droop...

For example the P4c800's tend to drop voltage from 1.6 to 1.52 ON LOAD!?!?!?

That is not supposed to happen....