Sign in to follow this  
crazycow

Custom

any ideas, links, know-how on building a custom case (other than acrylic). whats the best material?

Plexi... Metal... Wood.. Ive seen a case built by plumbing tubing.. K-nexz, Legos.. bah.. really anything u can imagine :P

ok, well ill be more specific then...im lookin to make kind of a single piece dome (think half a basketball except brushed alumium or something).....very sleek lookin out of some sort of metal......what kind of metal is easiest to work with? and how the hell im gonna make it a half sphere? am i gonna have to make 2 pieces or something? any ideas...please?

well if u live in canada.. I could help you... my dad's friend is a sheet metal designer.. he makes like vents, and ummm buildings... those small plastic ones to show you.. SIGHT MAP or sumthing.. 3d sight map..

well for an aluminum dome you need a spot welder.. so you can weld those together,, btw i got 98% on metal works. :P

LOL moose. :P

I would try wood for custom cases, but I don't think that would be good for metal. Maybe take some bendable kinda metal, shape it, and then cover it someting else to make it solid.

if youre looking for some thing uneq (spelling) i sugdest you get a welder and use alumanum becouse it stays cool and it bends easely to the shape you whant it and its super simple to weld. i used Alumanum on my case and it welded very well. you could also take an old vcr and take all the components out and stuff the MB in there and i think that would look cool. lol :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

hey isint it best to use a metal case cause you have 2 ground the mother board and everything...................lol....i might try to make a case out of k-nex the meal kind.