Sooooooo Frustrating

rein

OK i need advice or any input into whats going on with my pc. I purchased a new 2500 mobile, an a7n8x and tt volcano 12 on saturday. That night I took my pc to a lan and had to reinstall windows because of a network issue. When i got it back home i installed my new processor and mobo and tested it. It prime95ed for four hours @ 2.4ghz (200x12) with 1.6v and the ram was at 2.8v. No problems whatsoever. Then I reinstalled xp sp1 proffessional and started to have little problems with corrupt files and missing textures and other stuff like that. 3dmark was on of these problems. Previously these files which are on my second partition were not included in the format and shouldnt have been affected by a bunk installation. I also played a few games of call of duty and throughout everything i installed and played nothing crashed just once in a while a file was missing etc. So I thought maybe during the long drive back from the lan party may have messed up my harddrive. I reinstalled xp again this time reformatting the filesystem to repair the sectors incase... and creating the partitions with the exact same sizes. I reinstalled everything again and moved my backed up apps back to the other partition. When i went to install 3d mark again it came up with the same file problem. This same file has worked for me countless times before. I installed xp a few more time and tried different thing to no avail. Some file was corrupt here or something didnt install correctly there and so on and so forth...

Now if you read through all that thank you. :) I was wondering if its possible that my overclock could cause this or if this is my harddrive. I think its my harddrive since moving files doesnt stress the cpu or ram and also the fact that the pc itself has been very stable. I dont know what to do anymore so any insight would be appreciated

PS I havenever had to install an os so many time in a period of twodays, very boring

Umm...Here is the deal..

Some ppl prefer to Install OS's with an O/C like myself, and others don't because of the problems you are having..(You will get mixed responses about Installing an OS w/an O/C)

and FYI Prime95 for four hours is not enough time to verify if your system is 100% stable...My friend ran Prime95 for 48hrs b4 incurring an error....

My suggestion drop down the O/C substantually or even stock and re-install.

Umm...Here is the deal..

Some ppl prefer to Install OS's with an O/C like myself, and others don't because of the problems you are having..(You will get mixed responses about Installing an OS w/an O/C)

and FYI Prime95 for four hours is not enough time to verify if your system is 100% stable...My friend ran Prime95 for 48hrs b4 incurring an error....

My suggestion drop down the O/C substantually or even stock and re-install.

:withstupid: agreed, i don't like installing any version of an os with even the slightest oc.

I agree with the rest of them. If your system is overclocked at all and your not sure that your system is 120% stable all the time. Do not install windows with it oced. I however have broken this rule with my amd machine, because I know that my machine is perfectly stable and nothing will affect any software installation. But you have to make sure you machine is absolutely perfect before you install anything, or you will be screwed.

Just take their advice. Turn off the oc, and reinstall.

OK i found out what my problem was. After trying everything else, I ran some memory tests and isolated the problem. A BAD dimm! crap @%%^#&@^%$#%*Z$!^[email protected]%#$!%@##[email protected]# piece of @^%! ram. Sorry had to get that out. So now i gotta rma it and get back to OCing. :D I knew something was wrong for a while now since ive never had a problem with my ddr400 when it was running 80% of the bus speed.

Thanks for everyones help.