Temp Stability With Pelt...

KraZy

I have put alot of effort into getting my pelt setup working correctly, but have not quite ironed out the kinks yet...

Currently I am running a 226W pelt with Mean Well psu, so I know I have enough cooling power. The pelt is cooled with a Maze 4 3/8 ID, and dissipated with 2 Swiftech rads. I have a Extreme II Rad on order along with a dual 5 1/4 res to dissipate even more heat... (That pelt gets HOT!)

Idle, I run great, but my temps go sky high under load. We are talking from a low of 10c to somewhere in the 50's. under load!!! This, in turn will crap-out any benchmarks that I try to run.. (as soon as the temp hits 45C (under heavy OC) is where benchmarks usually self-desrtuct for me...)

BTW, I can run fine under a mild OC, but I still have those same problems, only they do not cause instability.

Edit: I also would like to add that I had to use <gasp!> white goop on the pelt due to the cold. After taking my block apart, I found that AS5 don't like the cold too much. AS5 is on the CPU, though... ;)

No idea, but this is why I insist on having a nice long conversation with someone at Danger Den before I blow 500 bucks on water/pelt just to find my load temps are teh suxx0r.

Good luck with that.

i heard that pelts get so hot to begin with.. air is better just because it can displace the heat from the cpu and pelt a bit faster.. but THATS WHAT I HEARD ..

EDIT: o ya.. this i like with a 110 cfm fan though at max rpm's :D