Sign in to follow this  
Vampire

Cat 4.3's

I installed the cataylst 4.3 drivers for my 9800 pro after seeing how people were getting increased benchmarks in 3dmark 03. I ran 3dmark and got only 2500!! This is from getting 5800 with the cat 3.7's! I want the increased stability/features of the 4.3's but in games I get a bad framerate, for example BF1942 is supposed to improve but its MUCH worse (framerate wise and visually).

whats going on?

Hmmmmmmm,that is odd.I got massive fps improvement in BF1942 with this set,with 3.9 and 3.7 running 2nd and 3rd.My 3dm03 improved a little.My brother has a 9800pro and his went down a smidge,but not radically like that.Don't want to insult your intelligence,but did you forget to turn down your AA/AF before you benched?Only saying this 'cause it happens to me :) .

Yeah I had AA/AF off, sometimes is easy to forget. I might try a reformat and then install the drivers from scratch maybe that will help.

i was over my buddies yesterday while he was away.. foolin around with his pc (that i put together) i noticed that he still had cat4.1 drivers for his 9600xt.. i was bored so i decided to update the driver set to the new cat4.3's.. but before that i wanted to see the difference in 3dmk03 scores between the two drivers.. so on my first run (no oc'n) i scored 3785.. downloaded and installed cat4.3.. reboot and then ran 3d.. to my shock i scored somewhere in the 2500's.. WHAT!!.. that sucked.. i got a minimal decrease(10-15 the most) myself with my 9800pro.. but 1200 points.. something wrong.. first thing i did was shutdown.. started up and ran again and to my relief it was back to 3762.. again a small decrease...

you might have done it already but reboot and run it again... just sounded like the same situation i was in..

* my fault.. missed the part about BFV.. maybe a fresh install of windows with new drivers would be best... its late

Edited by soke73

I'd bet its a bad driver install. That would be the only thing to cause such a drastic drop in performance. I'd use a cat un-installer and redo the install. I'd bet you'll see better scores.

I'd bet its a bad driver install. That would be the only thing to cause such a drastic drop in performance. I'd use a cat un-installer and redo the install. I'd bet you'll see better scores.

:withstupid: You beat me to the punch. I know Nvidia has Detonator Destroyer to get rid of the old driver. Just do the same for ATI...

Fixed it, Nuclear was right, it was just a bad install.

I unistalled the 3.7's via add/remove programs then installed the 4.3's. My benchmark (3dmark03) is 30 less than it was, but I aint gunna lose sleep over it. Also BF1942 runs how it used to, at 100FPS :D I cant tell the difference in image quality though :huh:

Also BF1942 runs how it used to, at 100FPS :D

I HATE you... :P

Seriously though dude, congratz

Edited by Duff Man

I HATE you... :P

Seriously though dude, congratz

LOL :lol:

I hated myself too, I went from a P3 550mhz which ran bf1942 at about 2 fps to this comp.. then I realised i owned it :D