Anyone Interested To Atart

bloodking

well its official!!! special k is the new designated ut2k4 server guy. I think you would be the best logical choice.

Arent you on a campus lan? They must have a fractional t3 that all the students share. Cause those speeds are wicked!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, nice to know I can beat someone in benchmarks ;)

As far as the server goes, I got my computer (my main rig) but the one I'm building is a:

MSI KT4V-L Mobo (Yea, I hate VIA too, old mobo)

Athlon 1800 TIXJB or 2500 AQUCA (unlocked, if I don't sell it)

512 or 1GB pc2100 RAM (scrapped)

Radeon 7000 64mb :P (yea, but I got a 9800 pro now)

Whatever HDD I use, It will probally be slow :(

I need a PSU to complete it, anyone in the Orange County/LA area wanna hook me up? :P

Also, I need to purchase UT2004 still, I want to get the DVD edition if it's still around, I havn't found a place where it isn't sold out :(

Yeah, just watch the Network Services guys on his campus look at the pretty spikes in his bandwidth. They won't take kind to that. :P

We've run servers before (they don't mind), as long as we don't loose a switch or two (we just got new ones) then we're ok. ;)

I move out of the dorms in June though, but we could have fun for a while :)

By the way, are these speeds really that good? I guess I never really thought about it.

Anyways, time for bed for me I have to get up early for work so I might not reply too quick if you post :rolleyes:

Your speeds are better than 99% of consumers out there.

While 3-4 mbs down isnt very rare for the cable user, 4mbs upload is very rare and is something that only business's usually pay for. Your connection is very good.

try $600 a month good for that kind of upload bandwith out here in Northridge, and you live near me in Irvine....

I need a PSU to complete it, anyone in the Orange County/LA area wanna hook me up?

I have a spare PSU lying around..

i wanted to make a clan a while ago for various games. its in this forum somewhere. would you guys want to include other games in the clan as well? also should we have a website? i will get in on it as soon as i have it installed

i dont want to put sk to shame but i feel my connection kills that not by much but it does, i dont share mine with anyone buy my g/f and she only use's aol and its wireless i also have 5 ip address ........... all with dedicated bandwidth..

sounds good to me. Maybe we could have a BFV and ut2k4 and DC clan. And just periodically switch between witch ones we play. I guess in the long run it depends on who runs the servers and what games they have. But it sounds cool

edit:::

just saw your post dangerousdigure and thats incredibly fast, but what kind of upload do you have? Would you mind running the broadbandreports speed test as well so we know how fast you upload is? The faster the upload, the better the server will be.

Edited by andrusk

just saw your post dangerousdigure and thats incredibly fast, but what kind of upload do you have? Would you mind running the broadbandreports speed test as well so we know how fast you upload is? The faster the upload, the better the server will be.

Yea, lets bench against each other! :P

You know what dangerous, you got an awesome connection too. Heck we could always have more than one server. I was going to mention a webpage for all this earlier... but Cheese beat me to it :)

I think that if all this goes through, we need an extension to the website. Like, "www.gaming.overclockersclub.com" or something similar. That would be awesome and it could be used as a hub for the servers we run. I don't have the cash to fork out for several games, so I think I'll just run UT2k4 (when I get it). Of course, if someone is willing to provide me with a game I'll be happy to run it on my server ;)

Just my idea's. I like the way this thread is going. On another note, I think that a forum should be made and added to the "OCC Teams" Forum, then we can post info on the games, who fragged who, and any other stuff related; plus we could make it exclusive to the clan members. B)

What do you think?