Sign in to follow this  
VolcomPimp

Air Conditioned Keyboard/mouse

k Im taking apart my mouse at the moment but the top wont come off... I already talked about tryin 2 put a fan in the mouse on another thread...

ya think its somehow possible to have air come through a duct in a keyboard or something, the cool your hands while typing???

w/ the mouse as I said b4 Im gonna drill holes on the top and place a small fan inside....

Ive seen a mod like that, it seemed pretty cool. You could defintly do the same thing wtih the keyboard as long as your keyboard has enough room in it.

thats what I was thinkin cept Im not sure how I'll get air to it... my idea earlier was to some how duct to the bottom of the keyboard and have maybe a tube that connects to a top of a 2 liter bottle or somethin w/ a fan inside that connects to a power source...

now that I think of it, I could probly but a duct from the side or a case fan that blows out air that goes to the keyboard...

well i know they put a fan into the mouse but not into the keyboard tho it would be very veyr sweet to have air come out of it

also u know those neon stringes? well i got a 32 inch one and i put in under mi keyboard so now it glows ITS SO COOL

also i change all the leds in mi keyboard to blue........lol

i was bord :P

good idea..

You could get.. an 80 mm fan and run a wire out of the keyboard.. like next to the wire thats already there unless u got a wireless one.. and like mount it on the top of the keyboard..

the USB wires only supply 5 volts.. so If u can find a 120 mm fan that will run full power off 5v then get a 120mm :P

but it would be a simple.. and cool mod :P

ya... I was thinkin about the neon lights, but Im waitin till I get some real mods b4 I start lighting up this bad boy...

I'll try and figure somethin out on here, Im sure it's been attempted...

Ill just have 2 scour different sites...

no need to supply air from another source. Id just cut some port holes in the bottom of the keyboard, out of view and then stick some SMALL fans inside.

uh isnt thats wut he is doing...........lol

and try the nean stringe under keyboard VolcomPimp it works great for me

and also looks sweet as hell

ya, the keyboard lights look the best, and i love the idea of the fans in the keyboard and mouse, gona go try that now, i got a few little fans that might work.