Sign in to follow this  
aquiesce

Ati Radeon 9800pro

All of a sudden my games keep loading up in a lower resolution not quite in a window but in the same size as say an 800X600 window. All the intro's and stuff load up in this lower resolution and then when the actual game comes on its fine???

Its not a real problem as like i said the game plays fine but its annoying the hell out of me as I have tried new drivers etc and it still does it? Also I cant find any settings in the Display properties to change this

Any Ideas anyone

Thanks

Paul

Well, as long as the games still plays in full screen and works normally, I'd just leave it be.

Anyway, that's an amazing OC on a Prescott. Congrats

Thanks I have actually got some 4Ghz CPUZ Screenies but not had chance to put them up yet ;)

Unstable as hell though at 4 Ghz memory was @ 3.1V also :O and Vcore was terribly high so I backed it down and got it stable

I have to say its all down to this memory that i bought recently the OCZ Performance I would recommend it to anyone

Back to the subject at hand id really like to sort it out coz thats what im like

I know this is a newb question but you said you couldn't find the display settings. Do you mean in the game, or in Windows? (Im thinking u meant the game?)

Also is it doing it in one specific game, or EVERY game?

I'd try removing the video card from device manager, remove the current drivers, rebooting, let windows find it again, and then reinstall drivers.

I know this is a newb question but you said you couldn't find the display settings. Do you mean in the game, or in Windows? (Im thinking u meant the game?)

Also is it doing it in one specific game, or EVERY game?

No i said i cant find any settings in the display properties to change it. Not that i couldnt find the display settings ;)

and its all games

Edited by aquiesce

I'd try removing the video card from device manager, remove the current drivers, rebooting, let windows find it again, and then reinstall drivers.

that's it. mine does this from time to time too. that's all I do to fix it.