Pelt Condensation Problems.

KraZy

Alright. I have used alot of foam around the cpu and the pelt, and have filled in all the gaps that I could find with RTV sealent and finished with di-electric grease, but I am still getting bits of condensation leaking out from the foam. I am almost out of possibilites for the causes of this. Any one else have problems with thier pelt, and what is the most effective method of trouble shooting condensation problems?

(Chalk-one-up for the hardware gods, as they claimed my first IC7MAX3 motherboard to this problem..)

Here is a guide which may be able to help you. I'm surprised that you blew a board out, chances of blowing components from condensation is surprisingly low because the water has hardly any ions (so it doesn't conduct anything).

Hope the link helps though!

The first board was lost for compound reasons, but at the root of it was the condensation. :( Thanks for the link!

But anyway, since the fist post, I have sucesfully eliminated my condensation problems, and a tutorial is in the works to pass on what I learned from my first set of mistakes. It seems that there is a need for more of the tutorials on pelt installation, so I will be adding my two cents to the mix. (And some good pics too...)

i hope you got that condensation problem under control :) it might be me next ! dont meen to hijack the thread but can i ask how many watts your pelt is, and what do you power it with ? i just got a MCX-462+T that has a 225 watt tec, and i'm really having a hard time deciding a cost effective way to power it :unsure:

It's a 226W TEC. I have it powered with a Mean Well 25A PSU that I have mounted on the side of my case. It runs for about $150, and is well worth it... It powers the pelt like a champ.

Alright.  I have used alot of foam around the cpu and the pelt, and have filled in all the gaps that I could find with RTV sealent and finished with di-electric grease, but I am still getting bits of condensation leaking out from the foam.  I am almost out of possibilites for the causes of this.  Any one else have problems with thier pelt, and what is the most effective method of trouble shooting condensation problems?

(Chalk-one-up for the hardware gods, as they claimed my first IC7MAX3 motherboard to this problem..)

http://www.xtremesystems.org/ I had prblems with the first one the gods got my ATI AIW 9800 pro and an asus P4c800 deluxe, so far so good on the 2nd go around, I coated the back and front and center hole under the cpu with conformal coating then used the precut kit for danger den and cut small pieces of the closed cell neoprene to fit around the CPU (P4) inside the big neoprene and plenty of dielictic grease in the pin hole and on every joint and around any edges that could possibly leak air, my main problem was that I checked it few times and the neoprene keep fitting looser and looser then my computer cut of in the midlle of the night and left the pelt and water cooling going which I guess formed ice all in there and when I fired it back up the heat melted the ice and ran down on the video card and MB not good. http://www.themodfathers.com/modfatha/articles/pelts.php

Edited by road-runner