New Business Name

OK me and a friend are planning on starting up a small business in our free time and we need a business name for it. The Business will be for Custom built Pc's ranging from cheap Student PC's to high end gaming machines, basically we are finding it hard to come up with and original qwerky name if we start doing well we plan on expanding to bigger things....

Please post any ideas

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no offesne but as most of us know having something like this built for u is a sweet idea in theory but i don't think that anyone wille ver be able to compete with teh big names like dell and compaq, there just aren't enough people out there need it. and most people who do can built it themselves.

you would be suprised how many people would not have a clue about building pcs why do you think the sales of branded machines are so high there is always demand for this kind of service people like to get a more personal service not a cold service that you buy from a manufacturer, and you can build machines with very similar prices. and make a bit of money on top

try it out go to a site such as dell pick a pc then go on newegg or similar and put a pc together with the same specs and see how much it costs..

we will be mainly building low end machines for students as they will be mainly using office and the internet you can put together a half decent machine for

i dunno. i tend to agree with Sly_C. You could probably get your friends to buy computers from you (if they don't know how to build 'em), but i don't see anyone else "trusting" you. If I didn't know how to build a computer, I would rather buy a dell than buy from some random kid. Are you providing warranties? customer support? If it's just for word processing and internet, then a dell or branded computer is fine, and can be bought for less than you can make one. If it's a gaming rig, then yes, you can build a better system, but generally i'd think those people would be able to build their own.

I disagree. I've been running a successful home computer business for the last two years. most people (atleast around here in Arkansas) don't need a p4 to browse the internet. so I can build a p2 or athlon system a lot cheaper then a p4 system from dell or gateway.also people will trust you if you have at least a a+ cert and provide a warranty. I can provide better service and better warranties then the local computer store. with dell or gateway you don't get to talk face to face and if your dell computer breaks down you have to ship it off for a month. but with me I can just go to their house and fix it.

we do plan on giving warranties and alike to our customers at the moment we are only in the plannig stages of the business we have had a couple of people we have built pc's for and a very pleased with them...

i am only after suggestions for a business name really not anything else although it thoughts and views are always going to be taken into consideration, the business may only be a part time thing until it starts to grow.

i just don't see how u can match the price of the premaid machines, most of the time dell gives away LCD monitors and a printer, plus the computer. i just don't see that happening.

i am not trying to compete with dell it will never happen but a lot of people would rather have a custom built machine at least they will know what they are getting and exact specifications not like a machine built by a manufacturer and sold by people who have only just learned to tie there own shoelaces, let alone know anything about pc's

anyways anymore names

If you plan on going ahead with this, make sure you have a reliable reputation first with people so you will have a start to your business flow... Once more people hear about your business, more people will come to the store, it is also a good idea to have a unique catch to your products like Dell has with customizing PC specs, except use that for casing, lighting, and accessories for a persons PC so they can truly call it their own... You could have a slogan like "Beige is boring" and have some Lian Li cases in the window or something :P

As for a name... How about Digi-Tailor... you can add a .com if you like ;)

I like asus' name "Custom Computer Connection" With 3 C's, it would be very easy to design a logo.

kurosen, as for putting lian li cases in the window....i could be wrong, but i believe frankenstein will be working out of their home, not out of an office space...at least not to start.