Sign in to follow this  
NyCUnDaGroUnD

WD1200JB Better Then SCSI?

eh I wouldn't say better... it says on there it rivals scsi...

but from my knowledge which may be quite little, scsi is better...

SCSI is better for certain applications and UltraIDE is better for others. For most PC users the UltraIDE will work just as good as a SCSI drive.

If you need a drive that can handle thousands of requiests per secound for lots of small files then SCSI is better. Also the expandability, RAID and hot swapping of drives is better and more advanced with SCSI. Which the average home PC user has no need for.

Really in todays PC markets and applications I really can not justify the extra cost of SCSI on a home PC. But that is just me.

ya scsi is very expensive... I was crappin myself when I started lookin up drives and controller cards... saw like 10gig drives for a couple hundred... sometimes I guess it just isnt justified... but theres always those ppl who have thousands to spend and for them it's just like why not get it if it's so much better and they can afford it...

god I cant wait till I get a comp job where I get free stuff and compensated for computer parts every year... my friends dad works for the City Of Palo Alto doin water stuff or somethin, and he gets like $1500 every year, and his job really has nothin to do w/ comps... god I'd love to be able 2 buy a new laptop or pc every year and soup it up really nice... in the end I might only have 2 dish out a few hundred...

donno where you are getting your prices from.. but you can get 47G SCSI droves... for $150...

Sure it's not the cheapest, but your getting better hardware.

yea more power and more juice for my computer is better. i am looking to get a seagate 73 giger but will have to "card" for the money. im also looking to have windoze and linux but should put both op. sytems on the same HD or on separate HD.