Ya Know Ur A Real Ocer When...

kurosen

or how bout when the people at the computer store call you at home whenever they get in a new product :)

You know you are a real ocer when the people at the computer store call YOU for tech support

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're a real ocer when you get expeled from school for overclocking computers in the library...*cough* maybe someone remembers that thread where i posted about ocing those....lets jsut say i dun go to school there anymore=)

you're a real ocer when you keep your 486 hoping someday you'll be able to get it to 1ghz

you're a real ocer if you can't stand the lag time on calculators

you're a real ocer if you have to step over 2 computers and an empty case to get to your comp chair

you're a real ocer if your processor benchmarks higher scores then the 3.4ghz p4ee

you're a real ocer if when you turn your comp off for the first time in two months, your parents call the police thinking you ran away....(stupid . mom, i didn't leave...i was adding a hard drive)

Your're a real OC'er when....

Going a day without tweaking something is worse than going without food and water.

You're Idea of fun is to get your friends (what are they?) round to see your latest mod and how it takes half a degree off your proc temps.

Your benchmark scores are more important too you than your salary

You boast about how you can run the latest games at a million fps but don't actually get time to play any as you're striving for 'that little bit more' performance.

When the people at the computer store know you by your first name

or perhaps when you BUY the computer store... it's bad on days like this when it's real slow and I manage to account for 1/4 the total sales today :(

matched 3.2ghz xeons, asus dual i875 mobo... gonna try oc'n them and dump the dual 2.66's into the storage buisness now.

Your're a real OC'er when....

your new system was turned on, it caused a power outage (like in New York in 2003) and the problem was solved when the power co. built a new power plant just to supply power to your house (Just wait until the next system)

you replace your wc unit on the northbridge for a mach II cooler (and the wc unit goes to the southbridge because the passive heatsink wasn't good enough)

you try to oc your cat because the power went out

your comp puts out more radiation than nuclear power plant

a def man walks by your house and he thinks he is hearing something

you move to alaska and your system end up melting the nothern ice cap in 2.65 hours

your create your own bio/drivers to get a better OC/scores

You know you're a real oc'er when:

...you buy cooling upgrades instead of food.

...you're case is half-melted to it's supporting surface.

...liquid nitrogen becomes lukewarm to you.

Edited by Iggy

when you have keys to the store and are making an 11pm trip to the store for a new video card

when you special order a specific server board just cuz it "might" oc a pair of xeons

You watched OCC (Orange County Choppers) expecting a show about case modding

A chill runs up your spine when you smell burning circuit board

Instead of taking a CDR to your friends house to grab a big file, you take a spare hard drive

When you cut your computer on guests wait outside for the person with the blow dryer to get done so they can use the bathroom.

A jet flys over while your sleeping and you have to make sure its not somone on your computer

Somone comes over to use your internet and you have to brief them on what to do if your CPU overheating alarm goes off.

Hey linux which was first Orange County Choppers or Overclockersclub.com You could maybe sue them for copyright infringment.