Spam Bomb

cjloki

good grief !

we're getting totally blasted by spam and garbage posts this week

waht the hell... is there anything we can do to stop it or at least slow it down ?

I've sent messages and gotten no replies.

I just keep FAS and then do the warnings. Luckily the spammers take a break on the weekends. Mondays are the worst and some days arent so bad. I check almost every morning and delete what i see. The "dshas;asngagggn g;lkasklgakssakjg " post are the worst and so pointless.... Not sure why they do those.

• 2 weeks later...

lols here we go again... i just happened to look in this morning since the weather has me grounded and whoa what a mess....

it is waht it is i guess... i still love yall:woot:

• 2 weeks later...

I just dont think there are any active Admins that are implementing the latest in Spam controls. I am not seeing the same issues on other forums I moderate. I am going to reach out to Dave and see what he's up to these days. I know he was real active and on top of things and so was Tim. I believe Tim has moved on and is pretty busy working at Epic. 

• 2 weeks later...

that's a real good idea doc...

hopefully they're still alive and well. Do kindly pass on our regards if you make contact

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, paulktreg said:

The spam is getting worse and nobody seems to be keeping on top of it. Does nobody care these days?

I think I'm the only one. I check most times daily but I do take days off. I havent checked in a few days and it shows. I am considering quitting the forums because of it. Other forums I moderate have better spam controls and I do not see but one a week versus 20+ daily.

ok so I just came back on and to this thread and i'm seeing this new handshake looking thing... and i guess it's telling me I'm a newbie ?? WTH??... is this some new form of spam ??

Oh wait its some posting machine thingy... this must be some new spam/key tracker ...well shit...

how do we turn the key tracker off ??

I think this will be my final post on OCC. I wish the best for the people who are sticking around!

I has been a fun number of years, but the decline here is slow and not much new content to read.