Sign in to follow this  
Guest_Jim_*

Various Video Game Stories from the Week of December 27

Not only the week but the year has come to its end, and, unsurprisingly, there has not been much news this week. Still there is a little to cover, and I will start with the time sensitive news of the last free games the Epic Games Store is giving away as part of its Holiday Sale 2021. If you are interested in the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy, all three titles, Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, are free until January 6. These are not just the base games either, but the Game of the Year, 20 Year Celebration, and Definitive Editions of the titles, so you will also find the DLC included in this offer. Personally, I enjoyed them all and would recommend picking them up if you are interested at all.

Speaking of the Epic Games Store's free games, when the Tomb Raider Trilogy offer ends, Gods Will Fall will be the free game the following week. It was not exactly my game, but I can see some enjoying it.

Source: Epic Games Store (Homepage)

The only other bit of news I have comes from 1047 Games as the studio is sharing some of the statistics from Splitgate. Though still in open beta, the portal-spawning title has been downloaded by over 15 million people and seen 108 billion shots fired, just in the second half of 2021. Speaking of portals, seven billion have been spawned and the distance travelled through them has added up to 163,011,470,780 meters. That is about 4068 times the circumference of Earth or about nine light minutes. The statistics also share there have been some 2,384,575 portal kills, so clearly they have not been used just to cross distances.

To showcase these statistics, the company has put together an End of Year Recap video and infographic, and promised we can look forward to what more is to come in 2022 as the studio has gained significant funding following the game's success, and hired many experienced developers to make it the best it can be.

Source: Press Release (1047 Games – Splitgate)

Unfortunately that is about all of the news I have to share, but next week should be a fair bit more interesting. CES 2022 and other events are coming soon to announce the next generation of various technologies and devices. Until then, have a great New Year!

Back to original news post

Sign in to follow this