dynamat sound deadening? Anyone use this?

I am trying to make my pc as quiet as possible,  Has anyone used dynamat on the interior of their computer to quiet it down a bit? 

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the type of sound.

Dynamat is used to dampen vibration. If the noise is coming from side panels vibrating, this will help. A good way to test, is just put your hand on stuff. Apply light pressure with your palm on case panels, if it is noticeably quieter, then dynamat may help on that piece. Don't expect night and day, though. Rubber dampeners can also be used to isolate mechanical hard drives and fans, to prevent their vibration from being transferred to the case.

Other noise emissions will need an absorber. Closed cell foam placed on interior panels, where room allows, can help here.

In general though, PC cases are difficult to sound proof. Noise comes out the big holes needed for airflow. You essentially need to create a maze, lined with sound absorbing material, for air to flow through but sound struggles to get out.

Edited by TheSternMystic

I don't think it would be worth the investment because the changed fans are already silent. It would be better to consider placing the PC behind a heavy mass, ie. a desk. It would suffocate in a cabinet, but not in a bookshelf kind of furniture. I used packaging foam under and around a water pump with a significant sound reduction. I recommend it, but not under fans as I didn't notice a change. A quiet office will have a 30 dB sound level, so there is little point to going any further.